Mosher Family Records, 1848-1945
Extent: 1.0 Linear Feet
Arrangement: The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by major correspondent and chronologically within each correspondent group. Each group contains both incoming and outgoing letters with the exception that all outgoing correspondence to Alllette Mosher is retained in the Allette Mosher files.
Date Acquired: 09/00/1977. More info below under Accruals.
Subjects: Pioneer Life
The Mosher family moved from New York to Michigan and eventually to Dazey, North Dakota (ca. 1900), chronicling their migration in letters to family members. Allette Keyes Batty Mosher moved from Michigan to Dakota Territory in 1880 with her mother, Eliza Keyes, and brother, Edward Keyes. Allette had married Thomas Batty in 1876 at Grand Rapids, Michigan. They had had one daughter, Inez, before Thomas died in 1877. Allette married Emmet Mosher in Hope, Dakota Territory, in 1885. They had one daughter, Eva, who died in infancy. Allette and Emmet Mosher lived on their farm until 1904, when they moved to Dazey, North Dakota. Inez Batty married Elihue Mosher in 1893 and had six children, of whom four survived: Gladys, Hugh, Maurice and Kermit.
Source: Barnes County History: Barnes County, North Dakota. Barnes County Historical Society, 1976. page 164.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Phyllis Kannowski, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Acquisition Method: Donation; 77-485. The originals were loaned for duplication and returned to the donor
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Mosher Family Records. OGLMC 463, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid input to Archon in January 2020.
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Correspondence, Allette (Keyes) Batty Mosher, 1864-1889 and undated
- Folder 2: Correspondence, Allette (Keyes) Batty Mosher, 1864-1889 and undated
- Folder 3: Correspondence, Allette (Keyes) Batty Mosher, 1864-1889 and undated
- Folder 4: Correspondence, Inez Mosher, 1886-1924
- Folder 5: Correspondence, Gladys Mosher, 1932-1933
- Folder 6: Correspondence, W.H. Pierce and Viola (Keyes) Pierce, 1856-1899
- Folder 7: Correspondence, W.H. Pierce and Viola (Keyes) Pierce, 1856-1899
- Folder 8: Correspondence, W.H. Pierce and Viola (Keyes) Pierce, 1856-1899
- Folder 9: Family Legal Documents
- Folder 10: Batty Pension Material
- Folder 11: Photocopied Photographs of Mosher Family Members
Browse by Box: