Mary Leake Papers, 1903-1939
Primary Creator: Leake, Mary M. (1878-1955)
Extent: 2.25 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 06/22/1999. More info below under Accruals.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Lloyd and Merle Leake
Acquisition Method: Donation, 99-2332
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Mary Leake Papers. OGLMC 1392, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Processing Information: Collection reprocessed and entered into Archon by Daniel Sauerwein, Special Collections student assistant, in August 2015.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Correspondence, 1903-1911 and undated
- Folder 2: Photographs
1392-1: Science Hall, UND
1392-2: Oxford House, UND
1392-3: Old Main, UND
1392-4: Budge Hall, UND
1392-5: Davis Hall, UND
1392-6: Kate Leake's boarding house, Petersburg, ND
1392-7: Four young women on a fire escape ladder
1392-8: "Leake girls" on a bridge. (Annie, Blossom, Kate, Mary)
1392-9: Schoolhouse in Caledonia, ND
1392-10: Jean Leake Baeder in Mary Leake's graduation dress
1392-11: Possibly Old Faithful Lodge, Yellowstone National Park
1392-13 through 1392-15: Mountain road views
1392-16: Three people in horse drawn wagon
1392-17: Mountain road views
1392-18: Priest and family with three children in front of a church (Spanish mission?)
1392-19: Another exterior view of the church (Spanish mission?)
1392-20: Two women in black dresses and hats sitting on the beach (Pacific Ocean?)
- Folder 3: University of North Dakota, 1904 and undated
Includes a graduation photograph of Leake and UND commencement programs
1392-21: Mary Leake graduation photo. UND 1904
- Folder 4: Essays and poetry, 1903-1904 and undated
- Two essays (Adaptations and The Golden Mean) written by Leake presumably for classes at UND and one poem (The Blue Bell).
- Folder 5: Obituaries/Death notices for Leake family members, 1955 and 2006
- Folder 6: Teaching Certificate, 22 April 1914
- Folder 7: Letters of Recommendation, 1904-1911
- Folder 8: Volunteer and Religious Activities
- Contains Leake's Red Cross Volunteer card, materials of the Grand Forks First Methodist Episcopal Church, and her support of the Fatherless Children of France, a charity that aided the children of deceased French World War I soldiers.
- Folder 9: Assorted Commencement and other Education materials, 1907-1939 and undated
- Folder 10: Wedding Announcements, 1904-1919
- Folder 11: Invitations to UND activities, 1903-1909