E. T. Towne Papers, 1915-1940
Primary Creator: Towne, E. T. (Ezra Thayer) (1873-1952)
Extent: 0.5 Linear Feet
Subjects: University of North Dakota - Faculty
The E. T. Towne Papers date from 1915-1940 and consist of correspondence and essays. The correspondence mainly regards Towne's academic publishing career, especially his book Social Problems: A Study of Present-Day Social Conditions. This book was published in three editions: 1916, 1924 and 1931.
Also included are numerous undated and handwritten essays. Only one, "History of Architecture: A Thesis," can absolutely be attributed to Towne.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Unknown
Social Problems: A Study of Present-Day Social Conditions by Ezra Thayer Towne. 1916, 1924 and 1931 editions.
Call number: HN 57. T7
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). E. T. Towne Papers. OGLMC 22, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid input to Archon in August 2014.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Correspondence, Undated-1915
- Folder 2: Correspondence, 1916-1917
- Folder 3: Correspondence, 1918-1931
- Folder 4: Correspondence, 1932-1940
- Folder 5: Miscellaneous essays, undated
- Possibly written by Towne
- Folder 6: "The Organic Theory of Society, its Development and Modifications", undated
- Handwritten, book length essay, possibly written by Towne
- Folder 7: "History of Architecture: A Thesis" by E. Towne, undated