Winfred V. Working Papers, 1870, 1909, 1932-1937
Primary Creator: Working, Winfred V (1884-1959)
Extent: 0.25 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 00/00/1959
Winfred V. Working was born in Brownton, Minnesota, on October 31, 1884. His family moved to Grand Forks shortly after his birth. The family then moved to Henderson, Minnesota, where he graduated from high school in 1902. He attended the University of North Dakota from 1904 to 1907, but did not graduate.
Working wrote for several different North Dakota newspapers, including the Adams County Record, Cavalier Chronicle, Walsh County Record and Northwest Pioneer. He frequently wrote about state and local history.
He married Isabella Gimblett in Drinkwater, Saskatoon, Canada, on March 17, 1914. Winfred Working died on January 4, 1959, at the hospital in Grafton.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: M. Beatrice Johnstone, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Acquisition Method: Donation
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Winfred V. Working Papers. OGLMC 8, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid input to Archon in August 2014.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Louis Riel Correspondence
- Folder 2: Correspondence from Ernestine Mager, Walhalla, North Dakota, and Working, 1935-1937
- Folder 3: Handwritten reminiscences by Ernestine Mager, Walhalla, North Dakota, undated
- Folder 4: Miscellaneous writings by Working, undated
- Folder 5: Newspaper clippings, "The Story of Dakota" by Winfred Working, undated
- Folder 6: Newspaper clippings, "The Territorial Capital" by Burleigh Spalding, edited by Winfred Working, 1932
- Folder 7: Newspaper clippings, "Red River History" by Winfred Working, 1937
- Folder 8: Newspaper clippings, "Early Tales of Pembina" by Winfred Working, 1935-1936
Browse by Box: