Emil Odegard Papers, 1895-1916, 1948
Primary Creator: Odegard, Emil (1884-1959)
Extent: 0.25 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 05/29/1990
Emil O. Odegard was born on May 17, 1884, to Andrew and Ingre Odegard on their farm in Polk County, MN. After his father's death in 1893, the family moved to Grand Forks, ND, where Emil graduated from Grand Forks High School in 1904 and attended the University of North Dakota. Emil began working at the Grand Forks Street Railway Company in June, 1909. He started as a bookkeeper and in l927 became general manager of the company
On June 25, 1913, Emil married Margreta Sande. They met while she was employed at a bank in Grand Forks. They had three children, Ruth Elaine, Helen Agnes, and Jean Marguerite. The family resided at 504 Chestnut Street, Grand Forks. Emil was a member of Banner Lodge No. 4, I.O.O.F., and was on the auditorium committee for the Norwegian Singers Association in 1916.
Emil Odegard died on August 21, 1959.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Pauline Cooper, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Acquisition Method: Donation; Acc.90-1706
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Emil Odegard Papers. OGLMC 1207, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid migrated to Archon in July 2014.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Correspondence- Emil Odegard to Margreta Sande, 1910-1915
- Folder 2: Correspondence- Margreta Sande to Emil Odegard, 1909-1914
- Folder 3: Miscellaneous Papers
- Folder 4: Commencement Programs from Grand Forks High School, 1895-1909
- Folder 5: Books and song books written in Norwegian
- Folder 6: Picture book of Norway, written in Norwegian
- Folder 7: Program for Norwegian Singers Association of America, 13th Biennial Sangerfest, July 1916, Grand Forks
- Folder 8: "Veteran Bus Travels Over 500,000 Miles," Grand Forks Herald, October 31, 1948
- Article features Odegard
- Folder 9: Photographs