North Dakota China Painters Guild Records, 1960-1993
Primary Creator: North Dakota China Painters Guild (1966-?)
Extent: 1.5 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 05/20/1993. More info below under Accruals.
The records of the North Dakota China Painters Guild Records consist of meeting minutes, Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, program booklets, organizational information on china shows, grant information, and newspaper clippings. Also included are two scrapbooks. The first scrapbook contains memorabilia related to the Guild dating from the 1950s-1980s, while the second contains similar material dating from 1986-1993.
Two photographs of thimbles painted for North Dakota General Federation of Women's Clubs were separated and placed in the Photograph File Cabinets.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Marcella Melsted, Edinburg, North Dakota
Acquisition Method: Donation; Acc.93-1876
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). North Dakota China Painters Guild Records. OGLMC 1271, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid migrated to Archon in March 2014.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Articles of Incorporation and bylaws of the Guild
- Folder 2: List of officers from 1966-1992 and minutes, NOV 1965-NOV 1970
- Folder 3: Minutes, JAN 1971-AUG 1974
- Folder 4: Minutes, FEB 1975-DEC 1977
- Folder 5: Minutes, FEB 1978-DEC 1980
- Folder 6: Minutes, FEB 1981-DEC 1984
- Folder 7: Minutes, FEB 1985-DEC 1986
- Folder 8: Attendance and other information on China Shows, JUN 1979-AUG 1988
- Folder 9: Grant applications and procedures for grants, 1968-1984
- Folder 10: Summary of accomplishments and contributions of the Guild written for the application of the Governor's Award, 1977 and 1981
- Folder 11: Evaluation forms, 1972-1983
- Folder 12: Grant notices, NOV 1969-JUN 1984
- Folder 13: Payment notifications, MAR 1975-FEB 1982
- Folder 14: Compliance forms, MAR 1973-JUL 1982
- Folder 15: Miscellaneous correspondence, APR 1969-MAY 1983
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Requesting and receiving correspondence, AUG 1968-MAY 1976
- Folder 2: Guidelines/Application booklets, JUL 1983-JUN 1984, JUL 1984-JUN 1985
- Folder 3: Examples of request for funds forms, final report forms, evaluation report forms, and compliance and matching forms
- Folder 4: List of districts, art organizations, and legislators
- Folder 5: Two booklets of information from the North Dakota Council on Arts and Humanities, 1967-1977, 1979
- Folder 6: Records and pictures of the thimbles painted for NDGFWC National Convention, 1982
- Folder 7: Newspaper clippings, 1971-1991
- Folder 8: Guestbook for China Shows, 1982-1991
- Folder 9: Minutes, February 1987 - December 1992
- Folder 10: Newspaper Clipping, June 27, 1965
- Item 1: Scrapbook 1: [ca. 1960 - ca. 1985] (green cover)
- Item 2: Scrapbook 2: 1986-1993 (white cover)
- Photographs :
- Separated and placed in the Photograph File Cabinets.
Browse by Box: