Agnes Quirk Papers, 1918-1926, 1990
Primary Creator: Quirk, Agnes (1905-1990)
Extent: 0.5 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 04/28/1993
Bridget Agnes Brandle was born January 22, 1905, in Missoula, Montana. She was the daughter of Michael and Mathilda (Faas) Brandle. Following the death of her father, she was placed in an orphanage in St. Paul, Minnesota, while her mother worked outside the home. She was adopted by her step-father, William Quirk, after he married Mathilda Brandle.
She attended high school at St. Benedict's in Collegeville, Minnesota, and continued her education at St. Alexis Hospital in Bismarck, North Dakota. She graduated as a registered surgical nurse and followed that with one year of training in massage. She married Frank J. Wetch and the couple moved to Thief River Falls, Minnesota. They operated Frank's Eat Shop, a small café, as well as the Northern Hotel. They later opened the Wetch Hotel, which Agnes Wetch operated until 1989. Frank and Agnes Wetch had two children: Gerald and Mary Ann.
She married Ole Hegtvedt on August 18, 1979, in Thief River Falls. Agnes Wetch Hegtvedt died February 19, 1990, in Thief River Falls.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Lily Francis, East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Acquisition Method: Donation; 93-1874
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Agnes Quirk Papers. OGLMC 1269, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections. Chester Fritz Library. University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid added to Archon in July 2012.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Obituary, Thief River Falls Times, February 21, 1990
- Folder 2: 7th grade Geography notes, 1918
- Folder 3: 7th grade Song book
- Folder 4: 8th grade composition book–songs
- Folder 5: Music notes
- Folder 6: English grammar notes
- Folder 7: Punctuation Leaves for use with Sentence and Theme by C.H. Ward, M.A., 1917 edition
- Folder 8: The Palmer Method of Business Writing, 1919 edition
- Folder 9: New Word-Analysis by Swinton, 1921 edition
- Folder 10: Reading Reports arranged by Benjamin A. Heydrick, A.M.
- Folder 11: Physiology notes, notes from English class and description of "State Examination" for 1918 and 1919
- Folder 12: Medicine notes from nursing school
- Folder 13: Pathophysiology notes from nursing school
- Folder 14: Probationer's Guide on Practical Nursing prepared for the students of St. Raphael's Hospital
- Folder 15: Commercial geography notes, 1922
- Folder 16: Different sayings and thoughts
- Folder 17: Correspondence, 1926