Anna Isabel Francis Burke Papers, 1907-1942, 1946
Primary Creator: Burke, Anna Isabel (Francis) (1869-1942)
Extent: 0.25 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 04/27/1981
Subjects: Women's History
Anna Isabel Francis was born September 8, 1869 in Chatham, Ontario. She moved to Bathgate, North Dakota, in 1887, where she found local recognition as a piano teacher. She married John M. Burke of Cavalier on November 23, 1892, after which they resided on his homestead in Pembina County. They had six children: Kelly, Walter, Edna, Florence, Arthur and Robert. Anna Burke was active in church and community affairs in Cavalier.
Anna Isabel Francis Burke died on April 3, 1942, while John M. Burke died on July 30, 1946.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Florence Burke Dawson, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item) Anna Isabel Francis Burke Papers. OGLMC 616, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections. Chester Fritz Library. University of North Dakota.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid migrated to Archon in June 2013.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Photocopied diary, January 1907 - January 1912
- Folder 2: Photocopied diary, February 1912 - December 1914
- Folder 3: Photocopied diary, January 1915 - April 1918
- Folder 4: Photocopied diary, May 1918 - November 1922
- Folder 5: Photocopied diary, June 1926 - November 1928
- Folder 6: Photocopied diary, December 1928 - September 1930
- Folder 7: Photocopied diary, November 1920 - February 1935
- Folder 8: Photocopied diary, March 1935 - December 1940
- Folder 9: Photocopied diary, obituaries, family photos, January 1941 - January 1942