Liv Bjorlie Papers, 1956-1974
Primary Creator: Bjorlie, Liv (1932-)
Extent: 2.5 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 00/00/1975
Liv Bjorlie was born December 30, 1932, to Frederick T. and Anna (Samuelson) Lundeby near Tolna, Nelson County, North Dakota. After attending Valley City State Teachers College from 1950 to 1951, Bjorlie taught school. She married Elmer Peder Bjorlie on April 4, 1952. The couple had five children, Peter, Anna, John, Paul, and Laura. She returned to Valley City State College and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education in 1972.
In 1964, Bjorlie became the nation's youngest Democratic National Committeewoman at age 31. She has served the Democratic Party in several additional capacities: President, North Dakota Democratic-NPL Women; Treasurer. Midwest Democratic Conference; President, Barnes County Democratic Women; Barnes County Campaign Manager, 1960; member, National Democratic Youth Advisory Council; and one of ten members of the 1968 Democratic Convention Site Committee.
Bjorlie was also active in the American Association of University Women, the National Youth Advisory Council, the Peace Corps, Farmers Union, and the International Platform Association.
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Liv Bjorlie, Billings, Montana
Acquisition Method: Donation
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Liv Bjorlie Papers. OGLMC 314, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid added to Archon in October 2013.
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Democratic-NPL Legislative Advisory Council, Committee on Education, 1960- 1962
- Folder 2: Democratic-NPL Legislative Advisory Council, Platform Committees, 1966
- Folder 3: Democratic-NPL Miscellaneous materials, 1960-1966
- Folder 4: Democratic-NPL Miscellaneous materials, 1960-1974
- Folder 5: Democratic-NPL, State Legislature Candidates' Biographies (Campaign), 1962
- Folder 6: Democratic-NPL Women's Conference, Bismarck, May 20, 1963
- Folder 7: Election materials, 1966
- Folder 8: Federal Election Campaign Act, 1971; Miscellaneous 1972 Election material
- Folder 9: Governor William Guy endorsements of state legislature candidates, (Campaign), 1964
- Folder 10: Mailing Log (mimeographs of letters sent out to counties), 1964 Mailing Log and General Publicity Releases, 1958-1962, bound)
- Folder 11: Miscellaneous Political Memorabilia
- Folder 12: Midwest Democratic Conference, 1959- 1970
- Folder 13: Midwest Democratic Conference, "North Dakota Guidebook.", September 30- October 2,1965
- Folder 14: National Democratic Youth Advisory Council, 1966
- Folder 15: Newspaper Clippings, North Dakota State Legislature, 1965
- Folder 16: Newspaper Clippings, North Dakota State Legislature, Photographic, 1965
- Folder 17: Newspaper Clippings Miscellaneous Political
- Folder 18: North Dakota House of Representatives Calendar, 1965
- Folder 19: North Dakota Review Materials, 1961-1962
- Folder 20: North Dakota Senate Calendar, 1965
- Folder 21: Photographs, Slides
- Folder 22: Precinct Committeeman Elections, 1956-1958
- Folder 23: Press Releases, 1964
- Folder 24: Schedule of Campaign Appearances, Guy- Burdick-Sinner-Redlin, October 26, 1964
Browse by Box: