Mary Adams Papers, 1933-1960
Primary Creator: Adams, Mary (1910-1994)
Extent: 0.5 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 07/10/1979
Mary Patalas was born October 8, 1910, in Mohall, North Dakota. She grew up in and was educated in Mohall, before finding domestic work in Minot. She married George Harrison Adams on January 7, 1930, in Bottineau, North Dakota. George Adams was born on August 9, 1894, in Beresford, South Dakota. In 1903, his family moved to Oakes, North Dakota, to farm. He moved to Lansford, North Dakota in 1918 to operate his own farm.
George and Mary Adams farmed near Lansford before moving to Oakes in 1941 to purchase the Adams family farm. The couple had three sons, George Jr., James, and Daniel, as well as three daughters, Marjorie, Margaret, and Clare.
George Adams died May 13, 1985, while Mary died June 8, 1994. Both are buried in Ellendale, North Dakota.
Source: Fargo Forum, 15 May 1985 and 11 June 1994
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Source: Mary Adams, Oakes, North Dakota (via Dr. Elizabeth Hampsten, UND Department of English)
Acquisition Method: Donation; 79-627
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Mary Adams Papers. OGLMC 555. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revision History: Finding aid added to Archon in October 2013.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Correspondence - George H. and Mary Adams, 1956-1960
- Folder 2: Correspondence - George and Marie Adams, Jr., 1952-1955
- Folder 3: Correspondence - Marie (Davis) Adams, Jr., 1950-1951
- Folder 4: Correspondence - Marie (Davis) Adams, Jr., 1952
- Folder 5: Correspondence - Marie (Davis) Adams, Jr., 1952
- Folder 6: Correspondence - George Adams, Jr., 1955-1957
- Folder 7: Correspondence - George Adams, Jr. and son Joe, 1955
- Folder 8: Correspondence - Carlyum Dykes, 1952
- Folder 9: Correspondence - Lavina McGee, 1956
- Folder 10: Family History
- Folder 11: Homestead Certificate
- Folder 12: Financial Materials
- Folder 13: Financial Ledgers
- Folder 14: Diary
- Folder 15: Miscellaneous