Buildings and Landmarks
Extent: 3.0 Linear Feet
Arrangement: Alphabetical by subject
This record group contains assorted materials regarding buildings and other campus features associated with the University of North Dakota (UND). For the buildings, much of the content is general in nature and includes items such as programs for groundbreaking and dedication events. Floor plans and newspaper articles are other common items. Not every structure is physically located on the UND campus. Histories of UND buildings and other entities by Elwyn Chandler, written in the 1940s, are also included.
Record groups that had relatively small amounts of materials for various buildings (museum, bookstore, Old Main, Human Nutrition Research Center, and Winter Sports Building) have been deleted and the materials inserted into this collection.
The only formally accessioned materials were for the University Museum (78-112) and the University Bookstore (2019-58-1).
Additions are expected as general information about other buildings and landmarks is obtained.
Acquisition Source: Most of the items were collected and added to University Publications through the years. Other materials were transferred from existing record groups.
Processing Information: Processing completed in October 2019
Browse by Box:
- Box 3
- Folder 1: Winter Sports Building - Correspondence, 1935-1937
- Folder 2: Winter Sports Building - Financial Information
- Folder 3: Winter Sports Building - General
- Folder 4: Winter Sports Building - Payments
- Folder 5: Winter Sports Building - Specifications
- Folder 6: Witmer Art Gallery
- Folder 7: Witmer Hall (Math and Physics Building)
- Folder 8: Wittenberg Lutheran Chapel
- Folder 9: Woodworth Hall Fire
Browse by Box: