The Lutheran Bible School was established in 1903 in Wahpeton, North Dakota. Total enrollment during the first year was 27 students, many of whom became ministers and teachers. Classes were held in a room at Wahpeton High School. The next year saw the construction of a building to house the school and enrollment rose to 50 students. A junior high was established in 1915.
In 1918, the school moved to Grand Forks and a high school was built. Enrollment rose of 89 in the year following the move to Grand Forks. With the onset of the Great Depression during the 1930s, the school closed in 1935.