The First Baptist Church was organized October 16, 1881. Charter members were: Lucinda and Leroy H. Carter, Sarah Fletcher, Mr. And Mrs. W.A. Bruce, Thomas Griffin, Isaac Stiles, John S. and Rachel Milne, John W. Skidmore and E.G. Rice. The first pastor was C.Y. Snell, who preached his first sermon on March 12, 1882. The first church chapel, a small, modest building, was dedicated on March 4, 1883, followed by the first baptism a week later. A larger church was dedicated in late 1887.
In 1945, First Baptist Church and Plymouth Congregational Church merged to form The Federated Church of Grand Forks.
A History of the First Baptist Church of Grand Forks, North Dakota by J. Duane Squires (1931)
10th Anniversary Observance: The Federated Church (1956)