St. Michael's Hospital was located on the banks of the Red River on Lewis Boulevard in Grand Forks. This land had been donated by the Grand Forks Commercial Club to the Sisters of St. Joseph. The first Catholic hospital in Grand Forks, St. Michael's was dedicated in December 1907. In 1976, St. Michael's Hospital and Deaconess Hospital merged to form the United Hospital.
Source: St. Michael's Hospital: 1907-1952 by William McNamee. 1988