Title: Moore Automobile Company Photographs
ID: OGLMC 1627
Extent: 0.25 Linear Feet
Materials of a Grand Forks based automobile company established in 1911.
The Moore Automobile Company was established in 1911 in Grand Forks, North Dakota, by Tom Moore. The company, located on North Third Street, sold Ford cars and Firestone tires. It also had a Reo service station for a time. Moore sold the business to W.S. Duckstad in February 1934.
Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Note: Source: Barbara Horan, Woodbine, New Jersey.
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Moore Automobile Company Records. OGLMC 1627. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Collection Material Type: Photographs
Scope and Contents: The Moore Automobile Company collection consists primarily of a large, rolled photograph taken at the second annual Ford picnic at Lincoln Park in Grand Forks from 30 June 1915. Thomas (Tom) Moore, manager of the company, was involved with organizing these picnics for Ford car enthusiasts. The collection also contains a CD with six photographs, most of which are exterior views of the business, and an image of the sales agreement when the business was sold to W.S. Duckstad. Assorted copies of newspaper clippings from the Grand Forks Herald are also included.