- Record Groups
- Orin G. Libby Manuscript Co...
- Germans from Russia Heritag...
Germans from Russia Heritage Society-Deutsche Kinder Chapter Records, 1977-2005
Title: Germans from Russia Heritage Society-Deutsche Kinder Chapter Records
ID: OGLMC 1639
Extent: 5.0 Linear Feet
Contains scrapbooks, meeting minutes, and award ribbons related to the Deutsche Kinder Chapter of the Germans from Russia Heritage Society, which was located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, for the years 1977-2005. The chapter has now been reactivated after a period of inactivity.
The Germans from Russia Heritage Society was founded in Bismarck, North Dakota on January 9, 1971 and originally named the North Dakota Historical Society of Germans from Russia (NDHSGR). On July 14, 1979, by popular vote of the membership, the group's name was changed to Germans from Russia Heritage Society (GRHS).
The Deutsche Kinder Chapter was one of several chapters of the organization across North Dakota, with the others being concentrated in the geographic area of North Dakota commonly referred to as the "German-Russian triangle."
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Note: Source: Betty Bender, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Germans from Russia Heritage Society-Deutsche Kinder Chapter Records. OGLMC 1639, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Collection Material Type: Organizational Records
Scope and Contents: The collection is comprised of several binders that chronicle the organizational history and activities of the Deutsche Kinder Chapter of the Germans from Russia Heritage Society (GRHS), which was located in Grand Forks. The chapter was inactive for a time, but has been reactivated. It won awards from the GRHS for its chapter newsletter and scrapbook.