Title: Administrative Committee Records
ID: UA 132
Extent: 5.0 Linear Feet
The Administrative Committee was created in 1916 to give faculty members greater representation in university governance. It replaced the University Interests Committee which began in 1901. The Administrative Committee initially consisted of four faculty members, chosen by election, along with the academic deans. In 1946, faculty representation on the committee was increased to eight. About 1970, the Administrative Committee was phased out and its duties taken over by the University Senate.
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Note: Transferred from University Publications in July 2014.
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Administrative Committee Records. UA 132, Box #, Item #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Collection Material Type: University of North Dakota Records