Hesperia Literary Society Records, 1907-1941
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description:

The Hesperia Literary Society Records consist of two copies of the 1920 Constitution, one of which is imprinted "LIBRARY-UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA" and contains a set of amendments adopted April 18, 1923 in an envelope affixed to the back cover. The other constitution is unmarked and contains the same amendments bound into the volume.

Also included is a ledger dated 1916-October 1934, which contains society minutes, membership rosters and competition results. Pages 279-290 and 293-300 are missing. Included in the ledger are three pieces of correspondence from Hesperia alumni: two letters from North Dakota Governor George Shafer and one from Hillsboro attorney Charles H. Shafer, all dated May 1931.

Several photocopied historical documents are also included, dating from 1907-1941. They include articles regarding the organization's origins, events, and several yearbook entries. The articles are from the Dakota Student newspaper and the Dacotah annual.

Held at:
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections
Chester Fritz Library
3051 University Ave Stop 9000
Grand Forks, ND 58202 9000
Phone: 701-777-4625
Fax: 701-777-3319
Email: und.archives [at] library.und.edu
Record Series Number: OGLMC/125
Created by: Hesperia Literary Society (1907-1941)
Volume: 0.25 Linear Feet
More information is available at http://library.und.edu/holdings.php?id=ODIN_ALEPH008180902
Access Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Subject Index
Literary
University of North Dakota - Student Organizations
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Acquisition Notes:   Donation; the acquisition records are unavailable.
PreferredCitation: (Description of Item). Hesperia Literary Society Records.  OGLMC 125, Box #, Folder #.  Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota.
Finding Aid Revisions: Finding aid migrated to Archon in January 2014.