The Women's Literary Club (Hankinson, N.D.) was organized in 1904 as a cultural study group active in civic and charitable work within the community. It affiliated with the North Dakota Federation of Women's Clubs in 1905. Members met monthly in homes of members to discuss current events and books and also frequently traveled to Fargo to attend plays, operas and concerts.
Source: Hankinson, ND, Centennial: June 26-29, 1986. Gwinner, ND: J & M Printing, 1986.