Title: Memorial Stadium Corporation Records
ID: UA 030
Extent: 1.25 Linear Feet
Memorial Stadium was built in 1927. It originally contained the dismantled wooden grandstands of the former university athletic field that seated 3,000 people. New bleacher seats were added in 1936 with additional seating added on the west and north ends bringing capacity to over 8,000 people. The first football game was the Homecoming Game against Creighton in October 1927. Football continued to be played here until 2001 when games moved to the Alerus Center.
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Restrictions: Open for inspection under the rules and regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Note: Source: The correspondence was originally part of the UND Administration Records Collection. The ledger was transferred from UA 17, the Vice President for Finance Records..
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Memorial Stadium Corporation Records. UA 30, Box #, Folder #. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Collection Material Type: University of North Dakota Records
Scope and Contents: The Memorial Stadium Corporation Records consist of 1934 correspondence relating to delinquent accounts and one ledger book of the Corporation's finances from 1927-1930.