- Record Groups
- Orin G. Libby Manuscript Co...
- Grand Forks Rural Parish Re...
Grand Forks Rural Parish Records, 1958-Present
Title: Grand Forks Rural Parish Records
ID: OGLMC 1527
Extent: 1.25 Linear Feet
Records of three rural, Lutheran churches in Grand Forks County
The Grand Forks Rural Parish consists of three Lutheran churches: East Walle, Evanger, and Walle. Norwegian immigrants founded each of these churches, all of which were located in rural Grand Forks County. In November 2020, East Walle left and became an independent Lutheran Church. The parish then became known as Gift of Grace Lutheran Ministry and added St. Mark's Lutheran Church in the city of Grand Forks.
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Acquired: 01/01/2007. Regular additions to the collection are expected.
Restrictions: Open for inspection under the Rules and Regulations of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Acquisition Note: Source: Edna Knudson, Grand Forks, North Dakota (via Joan Erickson, Grand Forks, North Dakota).
Preferred Citation: (Description of Item). Grand Forks Rural Parish Records. OGLMC 1527. Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections. Chester Fritz Library. University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
Finding Aid Revisions: Finding aid added to Archon in August 2016.
Collection Material Type: Church Records
Scope and Contents:
The Grand Forks Rural Parish Records have been arranged into five series:
Series 1: Grand Forks Rural Parish / Gift of Grace Lutheran Ministry
Series 2: East Walle Lutheran Church
Series 3: Evanger Lutheran Church
Series 4: Walle Lutheran Church
Series 5: Combined Materials