In 1895, Mrs. Wegia Tracy, along with eleven other women, organized the Langdon Woman's Club to serve the civic, social and literary needs of the community. In fulfillment of civic service, the Club maintained a park, sponsored the library, and promoted several clean-up campaigns. Interest in the welfare of youth was evident with the establishment of a kindergarten in 1899, donations to schools for pianos, pictures, and band uniforms, and administration of preschool health check-ups and clinics. The Club's "Continuing Projects" were city beautification and support of youth programs, such as Girls' State and music and speech camp scholarships. The Club's literary aims were fulfilled by sponsoring concerts and performances through the North Dakota Council for the Arts, as well as an annual art show.
Langdon Woman's Club contributions were many, including: equipping a Boys' Club room, Sakakawea Memorial in Bismarck, Scott Memorial in Walhalla, Crippled Children's Village, Florence Crittenden Home, State Endowment Fund, bassinets and mattresses for the nursery at Mercy Hospital, quilt patterns and seed sent to the Indian Reservation at Belcourt, Polio Fund, Care for Korea, Past Matron's for Shrine Hospital, Christmas box for aged, clothing for needy families, Heart Fund, State Bookmobile, March of Dimes, Peace Garden, Restoration of Independence Hall, Mental Health, television set for Jamestown Hospital, Summer Speech Clinic, American Field Service Chapter, Cassidy Home for Boys, and Girls' State.
The Langdon Woman's Club disbanded in July 1989. The remaining funds in the treasury were given to the Cavalier County Public Library.