Ada Jenks was the first school teacher in Arvilla. Hired in 1881, she taught reading, writing, arithmetic, and geography in a one room schoolhouse located 1.5 miles west of Arvilla. In either 1882 or 1883, the schoolhouse was moved to Arvilla where it remained until being destroyed by fire in 1902. In 1903, a new schoolhouse was built that was large enough to accommodate three teachers.
In 1918, high school courses were offered and by 1931 the high school coursework had extended to four years. In 1936, the Arvilla School District decided it was cheaper to transport students to Larimore than to continue providing high school classes. The following year, a law passed allowing the school district to continue that practice and within two years, twenty six students were being transported to Larimore for high school.
James Nelson Kent, "A History of Education in Grand Forks County," 1941 M.S. Thesis, University of North Dakota
Grand Forks County Heritage Book: A History of Rural Grand Forks County, 1976