Laura Green was born September 24, 1876. Her father, George Aker, and his wife came to Dakota Territory by covered wagon. They built a cabin in 1870 in what is now the Riverside Park area of Grand Forks, North Dakota. They are believed to be the first white family to settle in Grand Forks.
Laura Green graduated from Grand Forks High School in 1893. In 1898 she married Robert Green, a prominent contractor in Grand Forks. She was an active charter member of the Congregational Church, now known as the Federated Church. She worked in the office of the Grand Forks Chamber of Commerce when it was first organized. She served as secretary of the Public Welfare Association for many years, worked with the original Community House and was on the board of the YMCA for 7-8 years. She was also especially active in Red Cross work and also active in the Masonic Lodge, the Community Chest Organization for about 11 years. Laura Green died November 22, 1969.
Materials found in the collection served as the source of biographical information.