The Grand Forks Clinic was originally named for its founders, Henry Herbert Healy, Henry W.F. Law, and Henry Gustav Woutat in 1916. The Healy, Law, Woutat Clinic was located on Demers Avenue and Fourth Street. The clinic grew and in the 1930s added a new partner, Dr. John H. Moore, thus the name of the clinic became Healy, Law, Woutat, Moore Clinic. In the 1940s, the clinic became the Grand Forks Clinic.
In 1948 The Grand Forks Clinic moved to a new location on the corner of Fourth Street and Division Avenue. The clinic continued to grow, adding a pharmacy on the ground floor, a third floor for office space, and a penthouse for a meeting room. After taking over surrounding businesses for more space, the doctors decided they needed to move to a larger space. Twenty one doctors got together and bought 750 acres of land to build a new clinic, which was located on Columbia Road and 11th Avenue.
Construction began on the new clinic in the 1970s. It was occupied in November 1976 with an open house in April 1977. It was 75,000 square feet with 36,000 feet planned for expansion. On July 1, 1997, the Grand Forks Clinic integrated with United Health Services and is now part of Altru Health System.