The St. Luke's Mission was established by Bishop Walker and organized by Charles MacLean, a layman studying for Holy Orders, in September 1890. The first church was built and consecrated in July 1893. In 1935 a new church was built with money received from the Women's Auxiliary. This church was remodeled in 1958, and services were held there until at least 1968.
Some rectors who served the longest were: Charles MacLean, 1893-1903; Albert E.H. Martyr, 1915-1924; Robert Clarke, 1928-1934; Eldred Murdoch, 1958-1962; and Jay D. Hanson, 1964-1968. The church appears to have closed in 1969, as all references to it in The Sheaf, a newsletter published by the Episcopal Church in North Dakota, ends with the March-April 1969 issue.
Wilkins, Robert P. and Wynona H. God Giveth the Increase: The History of the Episcopal Church in North Dakota. Fargo, North Dakota: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1959.
The Sheaf. Fargo: Episcopal Church in North Dakota
Donation; 91- 1777